What you need to know about getting a COVID-19 vaccination
Getting a COVID-19 vaccination is one of the most effective ways to protect against COVID-19 and prevent the spread. Vaccines will be available at no charge over the course of 2021 to everyone in Canada. Health Canada recommends everyone 12 years and older, depending on the type of COVID-19 vaccine, should get immunized.
We are currently providing COVID-19 vaccines to patients aged 18+ by appointment only.
Walk-ins cannot be accommodated, please book your appointment in advance. The vaccine requires two doses booked 4 to 16 weeks apart. We recommend you book both appointments at the same location.
Safety Protocols Are in Place
To keep our staff and patients safe, we are following all COVID-19 health and safety regulations in our store.
- You will be required to book an appointment
- To schedule your appointment online, please click here cahoonspharmacy.medmeapp.com/schedule
- If you are unable to complete online booking, please call the store at 613-584-1116 to make an appointment for a COVID-19 vaccination
- You will be required to fill out a consent form at home before coming to the pharmacy
- You will be screened for COVID-19 before your appointment and on the day of your appointment
- Staff and community members who aren’t feeling well, are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have travelled the last 14 days or have been in close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19 will not be allowed to enter the pharmacy
- You will be required to wear a mask/face covering
- Pharmacists will wear appropriate protective gear
- We have increased sanitizing of surfaces between visits with the pharmacist
- All necessary infection prevention and control measures will be in place in the pharmacy
To ensure physical distancing:
- Our pharmacy layout may be different
- Fewer people will be able to be in the pharmacy at one time
Speak with your Pharmasave pharmacist for specific details about getting your COVID-19 vaccination.